Scontrino–Powell will never disclose your personal information without your express consent. We safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
Acceptance of Terms
Access to the Site
Scontrino–Powell may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Site or any of the Materials at any time and for any reason, without prior notice to you. The Site may become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or other reasons. Scontrino–Powell shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Site.
Use of Site Information
You are permitted to view, copy, download and print Materials from the Site, provided that:
- you use the Materials for informational, personal and non-commercial purposes only
- you do not modify or alter the Materials in any way
- you do not copy or distribute graphics, reference guides, tools, templates, and sample reports from the Site separate from their accompanying text
- you may not alter or transform this work
- you display the copyright, logo, and/or trademark notice(s) on all documents and retain any other copyright and other proprietary notices on every copy of Materials from the Site that you make
If you cite or refer to our Materials and articles,
- you must attribute the work in the manner specified by Scontrino–Powell (APA is the preferred format for citation), but not in any way that suggests that Scontrino–Powell endorses you or your use of the work
- you may not quote or cite the Materials out of context
- please keep in mind that it is always preferable to cite original authors when referring to empirical evidence and research findings rather than through secondary sources (when applicable, we provide citations and references for original authors at the bottom of our articles in APA formatting)
- you may cite and refer to our articles and blogs in accordance with APA guidelines without obtaining expressed written permission – this includes citing ideas, statements, and small portions of exact text up to 40 words
- you must obtain expressed written consent from Scontrino—Powell before sharing or reproducing any Material or portions thereof for educational or other purposes
- you may find an online guide for APA formatting at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Scontrino–Powell reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, copy, download and print the Materials at any time and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from Scontrino–Powell. The rights specified above to view, copy, download and print the Materials are not applicable to the design or layout of the Site. Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. For permission to use third party materials appearing on the Site, please contact the owner of such materials.
No Additional Rights
Limitations on Liability
Scontrino–Powell may make changes to the Materials, including without limitation, the prices and descriptions of any listed products at any time, without notice. The Materials on this Site may be out of date and Scontrino–Powell makes no commitment to update such Materials.
The Site could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Scontrino–Powell assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the Materials and/or other services, which are included on, referenced by or linked to this Site. References to other corporations’ sites, services and products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SCONTRINO–POWELL, ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, EVEN IF SCONTRINO–POWELL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR THEY ARE FORESEEABLE. SCONTRINO–POWELL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCONTRINO–POWELL’S (OR ITS SUPPLIERS’ OR LICENSORS’) MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED $1 U.S. DOLLAR. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT THE ALLEGED BREACH OR DEFAULT IS A BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL CONDITION OR TERM OR A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH. SOME STATES/COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Collecting Information About Site Visitors
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site contains links to other sites on the Internet that are not within Scontrino–Powell’s control and are owned and operated by Scontrino–Powell’s partners, customers and other third parties (the “External Sites”). Scontrino–Powell will not review and makes no representations whatsoever about any External Sites to which you may have access through the Site. When you leave this Site and access an External Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and Scontrino–Powell is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on the External Sites or for the quality of any products or services available on the External Sites. Scontrino–Powell provides links to External Sites merely as a convenience.
You acknowledge and agree that the inclusion of such External Links does not imply that Scontrino–Powell endorses or accepts any responsibility or liability for any content, advertising, products or other material that may appear on or may be available on, from or through any External Sites. You further acknowledge and agree that Scontrino–Powell shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the purchase or use of or reliance on any such content, advertising, products, or other materials.
The Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to products, services and programs that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Scontrino–Powell intends to announce such products, services or programs in your country. Scontrino–Powell makes no representation that Materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States and access to the Materials from territories where they are prohibited is illegal. If you choose to access this Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Choice of Language
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
This Site (excluding links to External Sites) is controlled by Scontrino–Powell from its offices in Sammamish, Washington, USA, notwithstanding the physical location of the servers on which the content resides. By accessing this Site, you and Scontrino–Powell agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the State of Washington and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein. You and Scontrino–Powell expressly disclaim all applicable choice of law or conflict of law rules and expressly exclude the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You and Scontrino–Powell also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the State of Washington, United States of America with respect to such matters.